[Board] outreach monthly update

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:52:39 EDT 2020

Outreach is currently busy.  A press release is in the works high lighting
how useful the emergency closing handler has been in handling COVID-19
related closings.  The annual report will be released on April the 24th in
two PDF versions, a smaller web-ready one and a print-ready version with
higher resolution graphics.  We are also putting together an online
conference with the involvement of many of the presenters who would have
presented at the one in ATL.  We are currently working out scheduling and I
will be reaching out to organizations who volunteered virtual meeting
products (Zoom, Goto Meeting, etc...) to try to find several who can
volunteer the use of their meeting product and staff to help facilitate the
events.  These will be considered sponsors of the event.  All events will
be recorded with the meetings loaded to the community Youtube channel
afterwards.  We are also looking at the possibility of someone sponsoring
having the videos subtitled to make them as accessible as possible.