[Board] monthly outreach and hack-a-way reports

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:29:25 EST 2020

We wrapped up the Hack-A-Way this last month.  The change to an online
format offered a number of learning opportunities.  I've summarized many of
them in this report:

https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=hackaway:final-report:2020:report

For the Outreach Committee we continue to be busy.  The wiki cleanup
project has had some good progress with a lot of outdated content moved to
an archive section and more content flagged for review and/or inclusion in
documentation or website.  For now that work is probably going to quiet
down a bit as we head into the holidays.

Ron sent out the 3.6 press release which was picked up by the usual
channels.  Ruth is also working on setting up a new community archive for
images.

Also, we have begun work on planning the next annual report which is likely
to feature a format change to 8.5x11 which will allow more flexibility in
presenting content.  We will soon start the planning process for the 2021
Online Conference and are currently working on putting together a team for
that which we hope will include members of the offline conference team.
One task to still follow up on is a comparison of experiences with Zoom for
the 2020 Online Conference and Hopin for the Hack-A-Way