[Board] Next steps re accepting donations

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Oct 19 09:43:40 EDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 6:39 PM Galen Charlton <gmc at equinoxinitiative.org>
wrote:
> - I've created a PayPal account for us and have applied for status as a
> "Confirmed Charity". That status will give us a discounted rate, speed
> up transferring received funds to our checking account, and is a
>prerequisite to claiming ourselves as a charity on GoFundMe.

Our application to become a "Confirmed Charity" has been approved. PayPal
will now automatically consider whether to enroll us in the PayPal Giving
Fund, and the confirmed charity status will make it possible for us to
enroll with GoFundMe Charity should we choose to pursue that option for
specific fundraising campaigns.

Regards,

Galen
--