[Board] Special Election for The Evergreen Project Board President

Jason Boyer boyer.jason at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:19:26 EDT 2020

Hello everyone, as Anna is resigning her office more than 6 months before her term would normally end we are able to fill the office of board president with a special election. While being VP I could simply act in her stead for a few months or nominate myself in this election, I'll also likely be off of the board at the end of our May or June meeting. That being the case I would like to offer this as an opportunity to Chris Burton or Chris Owens, whose terms end in 2022, or Jessica Woolford, whose term also ends in 2021 to run for the office of The Evergreen Project board president. (Sorry Debbie and Jeanette, you can't run for office in your first year on the board. :) )

This would give one of you an opportunity to try out the office of board president for a shorter time with the added bonus of Anna still being around and the rest of the 2020-2021 officers continuing in their current positions. Perhaps you will decide you don't want to continue after the spring handoff meeting and that will be that, or perhaps you will want to run again for the 2021-2022 term.

All of that said, I'll be accepting nominations or self-nominations for board president from today until Friday, November 13th. Please send nominations to board-private at evergreen-ils.org <mailto:board-private at evergreen-ils.org> or to me directly at boyer.jason at gmail.com <mailto:boyer.jason at gmail.com> . I will verify acceptance of those nominated by others and the board will vote on the next board president within the week following.

Jason