[Eg-newdevs] Reminder: New Developers Group & Bug Squashing Week

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon Sep 9 12:24:51 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!

*New Developers Meeting*

The September meeting will be on Tuesday instead of Wednesday, next week.
Chris Sharp will be our special guest, and will be giving us an overview of
the database structure and the fieldmapper.

Login info is at:
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=newdevs:meetings:agenda-2019-09

*Bug Squashing*

I hope you all have a chance to participate in Bug Squashing Week this
week! If you haven't participated before and want to ease your way in, the
easiest thing to work on is confirming reported bugs. You'll need to have a
Launchpad account - if you don't have one yet, you can go to launchpad.net
to register.

   1. See the list of New / unconfirmed bugs with an "Undecided" status at:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on
   2. Click on a title to read the bug report - if you don't understand it,
   or if it's not something you can confirm as a valid bug, skip it and go to
   another.
   3. If you *can* confirm the bug exists, change the Status to Confirmed.
   If you are seeing the bug on a newer Evergreen version than the version it
   was reported under, it is a good idea to add a comment saying "Bug
   confirmed on version 3.2.3" (or whatever version you are on).

Another straight-forward activity you can do is to add tags to bugs (you
can do this regardless of whether or not you can confirm a bug or not). The
list of authorized tags is at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VqKCWaO06_WHheSQpr3JdM93uVjD7CE3QtcehDnUMMQ/edit#gid=0

Please reach out to me if you have any questions!
Terran

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at help.georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.