[Eg-newdevs] z39.50 working group follow-up

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 19 19:49:01 EDT 2021

I have made progress on adding the TCN to the display on the z39.50 page
(on top of Jessica's work). I have tried to set it so that it will only
show the TCN when it differs from the Bib ID so theoretically a library
like PINES will always see it and a library that uses the same ID for
TCN/BibID will just see the one number. Please take a look and let me know
your thoughts. It's loaded onto:

https://terran-testbox.gapines.org/eg/staff (admin / demo123)

The code is here so you can see what I've changed:
https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/mccanna/lp1786971-z3950-bibid-tcn

Record 262 is an example of one I imported that has a TCN that does not
match the Bib ID.

Two more little things that are still needed:
1) When you start the overlay process, the modal still only refers to the
Bib ID and does not show the TCN.
2) When you are looking at an item record, the tab says "Bib ###" when it's
actually showing the TCN (you can see this by looking at record 262 as
well).

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.