[Eg-newdevs] Follow-up to today's meeting

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Fri Aug 19 09:27:00 EDT 2022

Thanks Terran! Great progress!

I was looking at ways to reliably reproduce the saving problem on
current master, once the requireCN check is working.

I think I identified two cases where saving fails. Both cases depend on the
call number label NOT being automatically filled in with a bib call number:

1. Add Holdings to a record with a blank label, choosing call number
attributes that would match an existing call number in the database
2. Do not click in or edit the call number label field
3. Save

The holdings editor closes and the Save fails silently. log error:

open-ils.cstore 2022-08-18 14:13:59 [ERR
:7282:oils_sql.c:2531:1660846412744836] open-ils.cstore ERROR inserting
asset::call_number object using query [INSERT INTO asset.call_number
(create_date,creator,deleted,edit_date,editor,id,label,owning_lib,record,label_sortkey,label_class,prefix,suffix)
VALUES ('now',1,DEFAULT,'now',1,DEFAULT,'',4,216,DEFAULT,1,5,-1);]: 3505685
3505685: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"asset_call_number_label_once_per_lib"

1. Add Holdings to a record with a blank label, choosing call number
attributes that do not match an existing call number in the database.
2. Do not click in or edit the call number label field
3. Save

The holdings editor closes and the Save fails silently. log errors:

open-ils.cstore 2022-08-18 14:27:46 [ERR
:7542:oils_sql.c:2531:1660847246756636] open-ils.cstore ERROR inserting
asset::call_number object using query [INSERT INTO asset.call_number
(create_date,creator,deleted,edit_date,editor,id,label,owning_lib,record,label_sortkey,label_class,prefix,suffix)
VALUES ('now',1,DEFAULT,'now',1,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,4,258,DEFAULT,1,5,-1);]:
3452548 3452548: ERROR:  query string argument of EXECUTE is null

2022-08-18 20:51:24.348 UTC [32220] evergreen at evergreen CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL
function asset.label_normalizer() line 16 at EXECUTE
2022-08-18 20:51:24.348 UTC [32220] evergreen at evergreen STATEMENT:  INSERT
INTO asset.call_number
(create_date,creator,deleted,edit_date,editor,id,label,owning_lib,record,label_sortkey,label_class,prefix,suffix)
VALUES
('now',53,DEFAULT,'now',53,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,37,2876840,DEFAULT,1,3617,-1);

--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org