[Eg-newdevs] Topic for New Developers Meeting next week?

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Tue Jul 12 16:44:44 EDT 2022

Hi Terran,

I'll be on vacation next week, but I do have a candidate (actually 2
related bugs) for a future meeting:

#1821950 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1821950> Web Client:
Call Number Labels should not be required in the Copy Editor

#1980409 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1980409> Call Number
Labels should not be required in the Angular Holdings Editor

1821950 is for the angularjs editor, and 1980409 is for the new angular
editor.

The working branch for 1821950 adds an org unit setting to optionally allow
blank call number labels, but needs work.

We haven't moved to the angular editor yet, and as a workaround, we have
part of the patch for 1821950 on our production system that allows us to
save call numbers with blank labels *most* of the time.

This is a blocker for us moving to the angular editor and it would be great
if the group could work on it at a future meeting.

Thanks,
Michele
--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org