[Eg-newdevs] . recaptcha

Jessica Woolford jwoolford at biblio.org
Thu Jul 21 09:38:07 EDT 2022

I was about to post this as well. There's some interesting conversation
toward the end about using more accessibility-friendly methods for Spam
filtering than captcha.

I think that if a recaptcha feature were to be implemented, it should be in
a library setting rather than in config.tt2.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 9:34 AM Terran McCanna via Eg-newdevs <
eg-newdevs at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Turns out there is already a wish list in launchpad for this, so adding to
> that conversation would be the best route to take:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1821093
>

> Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
> ------------------------------
>
> Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia
>
> 2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341
>
> (404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
>
> http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
> <https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
> <https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
> <https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
>
> Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
> libraries making an impact in our communities.
>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM swills beyond-print.com via Eg-newdevs <
> eg-newdevs at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:
>
>> First of all, I apologize for shooting off my chat fingers.  On
>> examination, my custom challenge and recapcha work was in Drupal and
>> Wordpress and NOT in Evergreen-ILS.  not helpful.
>>
>> That said,  A quick run through the templates suggests that a recaptcha
>> feature could be implemented using, essentially, the same technique used
>> for google analytics.   A bool in config.tt2 to enable the feature if
>> desired, and the addition of "your site here" information.   Adding the
>> recaptcha javascript to a recaptcha.tt2 file in opac/parts should be pretty
>> easy and then just embed the call in the various forms, such as
>> opac/parts/register.tt2. should do the trick.
>>
>> Is this worth creating a wish-list item in launchpad and prioritizing it?
>>
>> best,
>> Steve Wills

Jessica Woolford
Evergreen Systems Manager