[Eg-oversight-board] Meeting at 1pm

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Apr 17 12:10:07 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:01:34AM -0400, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a reminder that we have a meeting at 1pm EST.  Please let me know if you have any agenda items.

I can't attend the meeting today again, unfortunately, as the standard
time hasn't worked for me since January.

If I am to stay on the Board, I'd like to suggest that we move to a
model more like the developer team has in the past few months (where
Kathy Lussier has published a Doodle poll where devs indicate their
availability for the following week and the meeting time is determined
based on that).

I am concerned that putting together an agenda a few hours before the
scheduled meeting doesn't leave much time for reflection on the agenda
items. Perhaps a preliminary part of a revised meeting process would be
to determine whether a meeting is in fact warranted by putting out a
call for agenda items and, if there is a demand, following up by
scheduling a meeting per
http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/governance/rules-of-governance.html#_meetings_and_notices.

Perhaps these are problems that only I'm facing; I don't want to impose
particular measures on the Board based only on my recent experiences.

For today's agenda, it would be nice to wrap up the logos & trademarks
discussion. I think we have arrived at basic agreement on the core
issues & trademark policy?

In that discussion, I expressed a need for a standard square logo (64x64
pixels) and favicon for Web sites; if the sample in-use at Google+ that
I pointed at is not acceptable to the Board and community, then I think
we need someone to take the action item of coming up with one that is
acceptable.

Dan