[Eg-oversight-board] Branding requirements for evergreen-ils.org properties

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Mon Aug 27 20:22:35 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I was asked to draft a policy that would ensure that all sub-domains off
evergreen-ils.org included the Evergreen logo that links back to the main
site and should include the same footer.

I've drafted something below.  In preparation for this task, I did a little
research on what is supposed to be included in a policy statement.  I've
attached a slightly modified of what I found to be useful in case we'd like
to use it as a guideline.

Lori

//policy start//

Title:  Branding requirements for evergreen-ils.org properties

 Policy:  Websites established as sub-domains of the
evergreen-ils.orgwebsite shall be branded with the Evergreen logo
(which links back to the
main evergreen-ils.org home page) and shall include the evergreen-ils.orgfooter.

The Evergreen logo should appear high on the home page of each sub-domain’s
home page so as to clearly indicate the site’s association with the
Evergreen Project.  Official Evergreen Project logos are available for
download from...URL.

The same footer used on the main evergreen-ils.org home page should be used
on all other evergreen-ils.org sub-domain landing pages.  This footer
includes (at this time) an up-to-date copyright statement and indicates
that the Evergreen Project is a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy.

This policy applies to any web property that is part of the
evergreen-ils.org domain

// policy end  //

Feel free to suggest changes. Also, note that we need to have a place to
keep our official logos.  I don't think we have that yet.

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://tungle.me/lori.ayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling