[Eg-oversight-board] Hack-A-Way Proposal

rogan at roganhamby.com rogan at roganhamby.com
Mon Jul 9 16:37:12 EDT 2012

Hi Galen,

Would you have a few minute to chat tomorrow?  I was thinking that an email to the Dev list asking for feedback and interest along with the announcement would be appropriate to get a rough count but I had an idea there that may or may not be popular and basically that is to limit the role initially to renting blocks of rooms for people to simplify the administration and work with more limited funds, assuming that we may not have a lot of time for fund raising.  That's included in the revised proposal.  For added hands I can draw on some help from my own local staff but candidates from a wider net would be nice, especially as we talk about fund raising.

Jul 9, 2012 10:58:04 AM, gmc at esilibrary.com wrote:

Hi,

On 07/09/2012 10:03 AM, Rogan Hamby wrote:
> Here is the proposal I promised a way back.  Things have been so
> hectic for members in the discussion group that we haven't had much
> discussion of this yet but with the Oversight Board's blessing I'm
> still willing to pursue it.  The event will probably be pretty small
> scale this first year.  Frankly, time is our enemy but if we can do
> something then we can plan on something larger for next year.

Thank you for the proposal.  Given the short timeframe if this event is
to happen in autumn, I would like to request that board members mull
over this and provide feedback over the next couple days so that we can
make a final decision no later than during the next meeting, which is
scheduled for noon EST this Wednesday.

Regards,

Galen\
--