[Eg-oversight-board] Oversight Board Discussion List - Decision Needed

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed May 16 16:03:45 EDT 2012

I'm for using the same method for keeping spammers at bay on the Oversight
Board list as the other lists use (e.g. the Catalogers list that just
verifies valid email addressess). That seems reasonable and perhaps a good
policy to utilize in general.

In fact, is this a good time to suggest a policy that all Evergreen
Community Mailing Lists remain open for anyone wishing to subscribe to them
(with some kind of disclaimer related to spammers or people disrupting the
stated purpose of the list....or something like that?)?  One of the values
listed during the community meeting at the Conference was transparency so
this might be a good way to support that value.

Are others in support of developing one related to the mailing lists?  And
if so, do you have some better suggestions for the language of such a
policy?

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://tungle.me/lori.ayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling