[Eg-oversight-board] Oversight Board meeting - Wednesday 10/17, 12:00-13:00 EDT

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 17 11:02:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:51:37AM -0400, Kathy Lussier wrote:
>> Is this something that the Oversight Board needs to sign off on
>> before DIG can apply?
>
> I don't think that the Oversight Board needs to sign off on it - who
> wants to stand in the way of potential progress on the docs? - but an
> explicit statement of support from the Oversight Board might add
> strength to the application.

I don't see any specific issues with the camp that requires the
Oversight Board to sign off on this before DIG applies.  I agree that
the Board should discuss formally endorsing the effort.

There is, however, the potential for an aspect of this to directly
involve the Board, namely travel support.  While the registration form
makes it clear that the camp is willing to provide partial or full
travel support, if the project is accepted but there are individuals
who need but don't get sufficient travel funding from the camp, there
is at least the possibility that the Board or other community members
might be asked to help.

Regards,

Galen
--