[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen T-Shirts, anyone?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 12 12:35:14 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:24:41PM -0500, Amy Terlaga wrote:
> I think Lori may have the right idea.
>
> I didn't really figure in the cost of shipping and now, of course, these
> custom duties.  (The only time that I'm not liking the fact that we're going
> to Canada this year.)
>
> I checked with the T-shirt place and it's $60 to ship one box of 72 shirts
> to Vancouver.  Plus custom duties.  She couldn't tell me how much for that -
> wouldn't know until she knew the value of the merchandise.

Duties suck :/ A rough estimate would be 17% for base duties + 12% for
provincial sales tax.

> So $15 for each shirt would help us to recover those costs faster.  I don't
> think we could go more than $15 though.

+1 to $15 / shirt. Nice round number, easy to make change. That's
assuming that the duty cost doesn't push it to $20/shirt to avoid a loss
(which is also a nice round number).

> And Lori, I don't know if we want to start putting a whole bunch of writing
> on these shirts.  That said, I'm ready to listen to other opinions.

+1 to keeping them to a nice, plain Evergreen logo. Let the wearer do
the talking/explaining :)