[Eg-oversight-board] EG2013 Conference Report 12.03.13

Ben Hyman ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Mar 13 10:26:27 EDT 2013

HI Bradley,

> Ben Hyman wrote at 17:06 (EDT) on Tuesday:
>> -Dotting i's / crossing t's on the modified venue event plan; this
>> document will flow to Tony @ SFC for signature ASAP - likely within a
>> week.
>
> If you could send a a draft for me and Tony to review now, that'd be
> helpful.  That way, when the Evergreen Oversight Board votes to approve
> it, Conservancy will have already reviewed and able to act on it
> immediately.

The event plan will supersede and replace the version currently contained on pages 6+ of the SFC-signed SFU Wosk Centre contract.
None of the contract language will be adjusted. Presumably, this makes life easier, at least.

Both our venue rep and our team liaison are away just now. Will send along a penultimate version as soon as I see one.

>> -The Province of BC is undergoing a tax regime change effective 01
>> April, 2013. We are awaiting definitive advice from the tax man WRT
>> specific rebate eligibility, but are expecting 100% rebate on the
>> Federal Goods & Services Taxes (GST) applying to AV Costs & Facility
>> Rentals, and 50% rebate on the GST applying to catering. If our
>> expectations are met, we are estimating rebate value in the range of
>> $1K to $2K, putting us further into the black.
>
> That sounds good.  Please do coordinate with Tony on this point if
> there's any action Conservancy needs to take to take advantage of this.

10-4.
Cheers,
Ben