[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: Evergreen 2013: Register Here for 'Improving Your Collection with Evidence' with collectionHQ

Ben Hyman ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop
Sun Mar 24 13:35:24 EDT 2013

Hi all,

FYI / please see below. Collection HQ is not a conference sponsor. The session they advertise is not part of our program. We believe they may have harvested email addresses from the evergreen-ils list for this mass mail. We note that not all registrants received this message, but some certainly did.

Collection HQ has inquired WRT their potential participation as a sponsor, and has consistently been referred to the sponsorship agreement.

I have corresponded with Tony at SFC, who suggested that the EOB be made aware and that we not engage in any further sponsorship conversations with Collection HQ. Further, he suggested:

>> I'm not sure if there's a lightweight solution to stop this.  Do you think these emails and the parallel event pose a significant threat, or is it all a minor nuisance?  I'd also like to get the EOB's opinion on this as well.  There might be some heavier-weight solutions to mitigate any damage, but it's only worth pursuing if Evergreen is truly bothered by Collection HQ's actions.

I indicated to Tony that I didn't think there was a significant threat, and that its more of a nuisance of the inappropriate variety at this point. Please advise if you feel strongly otherwise.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben Hyman
Managing Director | BC Libraries Cooperative
ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop | bc.libraries.coop
(tf) 1.855.383.5761 ext 1001
Twitter: @ben_hyman70

Join us in Vancouver April 10-13, 2013 for the Evergreen International Conference
eg2013.evergreen-ils.org/ | Follow us on twitter @egcon2013

Begin forwarded message: