[Eg-oversight-board] Meeting on the evening of Friday 2014-03-21?

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Wed Mar 12 18:31:42 EDT 2014

> On 3/11/2014 3:30 PM, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
>> We could leave this very loosely formed and simply state on the list
>> that you will be part of a dine-around that will be going to a
>> designated vegetarian locale.  That way no socializing is impeded.

That sounds fine, and thanks for being accommodating.  Given that, I'm
going to try to get to the venue ASAP after I return the rental car.

>> Bradley, If you are running late, we can hold a spot for you until
>> you get there. Would this work?

Probably.  I've left a lot of time in my schedule that day to get to my
various meetings -- including this one -- so if I get lucky, I'll
probably get to the venue right around when the Dine-Around is scheduled
to start, but there's still a good chance I'll be late.

Thus, can someone who definitely wants to join for dinner send me
private email me with your mobile number (and I'll reply with mine) so
we can stay in touch during the afternoon on the 21st regarding my ETA?

I have some of your mobile numbers from the 2012 conference I was at,
but perhaps they aren't up to date. :)

>> That opens it up for others in the community outside of the EOB to
>> meet and chat with you.

That sounds great.

Kathy Lussier wrote at 15:36 (EDT) on Tuesday:
> taking a quick scan of the list at
> http://evergreen-ils.org/conference/eg14/social-events-and-activities/#Social_Activities,
> I see a couple of vegetarian/vegan options as well as a Thai
> restaurant.

It looks like there is nothing listed for Central Square on that page
yet.  There are a lot more options there, IMO, than in Kendall.  Also,
there are places considered to be "in Kendall Square" that are almost as
far away from the venue as Central Square is.

However, I'm probably unreasonably picky because I lived in East
Cambridge when I was Executive Director of FSF from 2000-2005, so part
of my ulterior motive when visiting Cambridge is to eat at places that I
now miss. ;) I see there are a few new places though that look pretty
good on the list.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, President, Software Freedom Conservancy