[Eg-oversight-board] Conference Call

Ben Hyman ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop
Thu Sep 18 16:57:19 EDT 2014

Interesting discussion,

The conference call coordinates for today's meeting were provided with the agenda on the governance listserv; anyone watching that list could have dialled in, and that was the intent, though I'll acknowledge that had we actually said that ... ;)

It goes without saying that the call was recorded and minutes will be made available shortly, just as they are when the EOB meets in person at the conference each year.

Any communication channel has strengths and weaknesses - this community has erred on the side of IRC in virtually all things. While I personally totally respect the virtues of IRC as outlined here already, voices and ears are wonderful tools for effective communication, and I value them highly. At the end of the day, effective communication is essential.

I'm grateful that we are enabled to try different approaches now and then.
Cheers!
Ben