[Eg-oversight-board] EOB Nomination - Ruth Frasur

Rogan Hamby rogan at roganhamby.com
Tue Apr 21 12:40:04 EDT 2015

I would like to nominate Ruth Fraser, director of the Hagerstown Jefferson
Township Library, to serve on the Evergreen Oversight Board. Ruth has been
a member of the Evergreen community since she was at the Union County
Public Library, one of the pilot libraries for the Evergreen project in
Indiana.

Since joining the Evergreen community she has been involved and active
socially, volunteering for community projects, on the Merchandising
Committee, seeking to host the annual conference and otherwise assist
however she can.  I've personally worked with Ruth and always been
impressed by her energy and dedication.

Ruth has a combination of view points that I feel it is important to
represent in community wide discussions.  She is the director of a public
library that is part of a larger consortium and she is also the director of
a small library and is very familiar with the challenges that front line
staff face.  She has been a member of the Executive Committee for her
consortium in Indiana and has been a passionate advocate of not only
Evergreen but open source.

Ruth not only has operational experience that would serve well on the board
but is enthusiastic and shares the ideals of both libraries and open source
that would serve well on the Evergreen Oversight Board.
Thank you for your consideration.