[Eg-oversight-board] EOB elections 2015 - background info for discussion

Ben Hyman ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop
Mon Feb 16 17:57:45 EST 2015

Hi all,

On Thursday, we'll be discussing this topic on our agenda. Background is here:
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2014-3-19

As we approach the conference in-person meeting and elections, 3 of 9 positions are up for renewal if we stay at board composition of 9, as follows:

From "Cohort A":
Rogan
Ben H
Kathy
(Note that Cohort B, should be updated to replace Shauna Borger with Chris Sharp, at this location: http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/governance.git;a=commitdiff;h=d857e61c9500a38805889c0712bee71a1289dad4 )

From the minutes above: "The Board previously discussed the idea of an automatic reduction to seven, but Galen said he will leave it to next Board to decide."

Its with us to consider whether we keep at 9 or reduce to 7. If 7, this also provides for a lightweight voting tool, as only one position would be open for nomination and election.

All the best,
Ben

Ben Hyman
Executive Director | BC Libraries Cooperative
ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop | 1.855.383.5761 ext 1001 | cell: 250.889.2738
bc.libraries.coop | Twitter: @BCLibrariesCoop

You have received this e-mail message from the BC Libraries Cooperative. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 1-855-383-5761 and reply to the sender via e-mail, confirming deletion of the original e-mail and any attachment(s).