[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: *LAST* chance for reimbursement requests before 2015-03-01

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jun 9 12:31:38 EDT 2015

Hi Ruth,

With the Evergreen project, reimbursements have mostly been required
during the conference-planning process. The Board generally approves the
budget that comes from the conference planning team, and the Conservancy
contact (Chris Sharp, this year) is responsible for sending this
approved budget along to the Conservancy along with a link to the
minutes that shows that a vote was taken. It is then the responsibility
of the conference planning team to submit reimbursements in a timely
manner. The Board generally doesn't get involved in those details. When
approving the budget, it's usually a good idea for the Board to let the
conference planning team to know when a budget revision is necessary. In
previous years, we've requested budget revisions if expenditures look
like they will be 10% higher than originally budgeted (or projected
income 10% lower.) If a conference planning team member submits an
expenditure that does not fit within the budget, the Conservancy will
raise questions and make sure a revised budget is approved before
approving the expense.

Now that we have the Outreach program going with an approved budget, the
process is similar. The Board approved the budget for the ALA exhibit,
and the Board-appointed members for the Outreach Committee are handling
the expenditures/reimbursement for those exhibits. When possible, I try
to work with the Conservancy so that they can pay the costs directly,
but it's not always possible.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier