[Eg-oversight-board] Eventbrite sponsorship

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Mar 25 14:03:18 EDT 2015

Hi all,

+1 to accepting the sponsorship with the revised wording.

In terms of taking up this conversation for next year, I do want to
point out that our sponsorship package already includes a provision that
all sponsors will be recognized with a link and logo on the conference
web site. Grace correctly points out that this has not been done yet,
but, from what I understand, the conference planners are working on it
now. I don't know that the Board needs to discuss this particular issue
to make it happen. We just need to make sure it is done in a timely manner.

As far as the email confirmation, I do think we should expect this to be
an Eventbrite requirement for future conferences. Therefore, if next
year's conference team plans to use Eventbrite again, we should also
plan on it being a benefit for all other sponsors. For what it's worth,
I don't expect Eventbrite to get additional acknowledgement through the
email acknowledgement since I expect the conference planning team will
add the other sponsors at the same time they add Eventbrite.

If there is the will to explore other conference registration solutions,
then we might not need to worry about this sponsor benefit for future
conferences. I don't think it's a bad idea to do that exploration, but
I'm not volunteering.

Kathy