[Eg-oversight-board] Nomination for Evergreen Oversight Board

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:34:38 EDT 2016

Hello all!

I would like to toss my hat in the ring as a nomination to run for
election to the Evergreen Oversight Board.

As many of you know, I have been involved with Evergreen since before
the first line of code was written.  In my role at GPLS I led the back
end design of Evergreen.  Because we began Evergreen with the explicit
intention of building a sustainable community project, I have always
felt that it is important to work toward expanding the base of
contributors of all types, and to help balance the needs of project
(both software and community) in terms of maintainability and growth.
That has been a key input to the decisions I make personally, or
advise on, when it comes to Evergreen and its community.

In my various roles at Equinox I have had the opportunity to work with
libraries of nearly every size and type, and in all parts of the ILS
life cycle from investigation and selection to migration,
configuration, customization, and development.  Through this work I
have come to understand the needs and motivations of Evergreen users,
and believe that I can use this experience to benefit the community as
a whole through work on the Oversight Board.

In short, I would be honored to serve on the Oversight Board and
believe that my 12 years of experience working with Evergreen users
and contributors at all levels, administrative and technical, as well
as my focus on our community's long term growth and viability, can be
of use and service.

Thank you for your consideration,

--
Mike Rylander