[Eg-oversight-board] Election process, officer elections, and executive sessions

Ruth Frasur rfrasur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:45:13 EDT 2016

Okay, here are my thoughts, such as they are.

1.  I like the proposed election timeline.  It's unambiguous and inherently
provides guidance for "generations to come."
2.  While it might be more mental work, I think the idea of the daily
nominations for officers would work so long as those voting days and times
were very explicit.  I've found, recently, that I often come in on the tail
end of conversations because of doing other library things.  If the
days/times are explicit, I can just add them into my calendar and treat
them like an event.  I imagine that I'm not the only one in this boat.
3.  With regard to newly elected members of the EOB, I agree that they
should NOT be elected to any core roles.  On other types of boards, I don't
think this is necessarily as big of a deal, but with the EOB, there are
specific technical competencies that a new member would (speaking for
myself) have a significant learning curve.  There are also some very
important interactions that happen between the EOB and the Conservancy that
a "young" member would not yet have context or competency to handle
(generally speaking).
4.  Yes.  There should be a special election for any candidates to the EOB
who will be filling a vacated spot with more than 6 months left in their
term, and the rules/by-laws should be updated to reflect that.
5.  Also, yes on the language regarding executive session.