[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed amendment to EOB meeting minutes

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed May 11 11:44:17 EDT 2016

Yes, my recollection is also that we usually expected the in-person
meeting to go at least an hour, if not longer. During the Cambridge
conference, I'm pretty sure we met during lunch, but there may have been
more time set aside for that meeting than for this year's meeting.

> I also feel that for future annual meetings, the conference host(s)
> should automatically be offered a place on the agenda. It is the best
> opportunity we have to discuss what worked and what didn't so that we
> can give the following year's host/planning committee the support they
> need to put on a successful conference, and to avoid running into the
> same issues.

While I agree a conference update should be on the agenda, as a former
conference planner, I disagree that this is the best opportunity to
discuss lessons learned. It usually takes one or two weeks for the
conference team to recuperate and regroup to pull together a list of
what worked and what didn't work. Traditionally, each conference team
has handed off a post mortem to the new conference planning team a few
weeks after the conference. I think the manual Grace has been working on
will address a lot of these issues, but it will still be good to
maintain this practice in future years. But, in my experience, the
conference planning team is still in the thick of things at the time of
the in-person meeting is better able to make recommendations after the
conference is wrapped up.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator