[Eg-oversight-board] Conference Mailing Lists

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Wed May 18 14:51:35 EDT 2016

+1

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Garry Collum <
Garry.Collum at kentonlibrary.org> wrote:

> + 1 from me, as well.
>
> You have a big +1 from me.
>
> Are you expecting that some of these lists (registrations,
> sponsorships, and programs, in particular) would allow posts from
> non-members?  Would all of them?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Mike Rylander
>  | President
>  | Equinox Software, Inc. / Open Your Library
>  | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
>  | email:  miker at esilibrary.com
>  | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com
>

> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Grace Dunbar <gdunbar at esilibrary.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > As part of the ongoing effort to make the Evergreen Conference Process
> > better and after discussion with the point of contact for the 2017
> > conference, I'd like to suggest four mailing lists be created for
> continuity
> > and transparency of conference processes going forward.
> >
> > I envision these lists being "private" in the sense that the current EOB
> > members, Conference committee members, and local host committee members
> > would be the people subscribed, not the general community.  We would
> > continue to use the lists year-to-year, simply changing the subscribers
> > every year.  This would allow us to have a searchable archive of
> conference
> > issues and precedents.  This should also improve communication and reduce
> > confusion.
> >
> > The four mailing lists I would like to suggest would be:
> > Evergreen Conference  (the general mailing list for all things conference
> > related)
> > Evergreen Conference Sponsorships and Exhibits  (the list to track
> > sponsorship, exhibit, and any vendor issues)
> > Evergreen Conference Registration  (I suggest this as a separate list as
> > EventBrite sends an email confirmation for EVERY registration, which gets
> > crazy right before the conference)
> > Evergreen Conference Programs (the mailing list for program submissions
> and
> > communication)
> >
> > These lists would be part of the groups of lists here:
> >
> > I have copied Chris Sharp into this email as I believe he has the power
> > create these mailing lists and I would like his input on whether that is
> > possible if the EOB is in agreement that we should request this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Grace
> >
> > --
> > Grace Dunbar, Vice President
> > Equinox - Open Your Library
> > gdunbar at esilibrary.com
> > 1-877-OPEN-ILS  |  www.esilibrary.com

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*