[Eg-oversight-board] Draft of Executive session wording

Ruth Frasur rfrasur at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:16:17 EDT 2016

I haven't read through all of this.  My apologies.  There's been a
"vacation" and a son's high school graduation and all the all.  I've
skimmed, however, and noticed a few things that I'd like to point out.

1.  Executive sessions are generally held as work sessions so that board
members can freely discuss certain issues in such a way that names can be
mentioned and/or numbers run.  They generally involve legal issues and
personnel issues.

2.  Minutes are not taken in executive sessions.  Also, recordings are not
generally made.  These are ONLY for discussion.

3.  No action can be made in an executive session.  Any action that may
come out of an executive session must be referred to the publicly held
meetings where the action then does get recorded in the minutes with all
the proper voting protocols.

4.  Executive sessions MUST be advertised/publicized and the reason for the
executive session must be stated.  ie. "This board will meet in executive
session at this time and place to discuss legal matters." or "This board
will meet in executive session at this time and place to discuss this
personnel matter."  or "This board will meet in executive session at this
time and place to discuss this other issue where we need some time to go
over this and that."
5.  Executive sessions are open to only board members and whomever they
might invite to participate.

6.  Again, NO ACTION can take place in executive sessions.

I know I've missed a bunch of the discussion and, for that, I apologize.
If these things have already been discussed, please disregard.

Ruth