[Eg-oversight-board] Request from Outreach Committee for merchandise purchase

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Apr 4 17:11:46 EDT 2018

Hi all,

In the Outreach Committee budget the Oversight Board approved in May, we
had allocated $1,500 to go towards merchandise purchases. The allocation
was based on what we anticipated the cost would be to replenish stock
from last year and to possibly add one or two items.

At the time, we had not planned on offering the conference t-shirts that
were recently sold through the web site. Although those t-shirts are
already paid for, the cost does need to be considered as part of our
total merchandise expenditures and brings us above the $1,500 approved
allocation.

The following Google doc shows what we plan to purchase for merchandise
to sell at the Evergreen booth this year -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rNIfqjvxsPp1qafN4wnXKVlZt4Z4goFY6iXKB9ci62E/edit?usp=sharing.
We have already ordered the quote t-shirts, the conference t-shirts, and
the hats (the hats were very popular last year) at a total cost of about
$1,383.

We have held off on purchasing one of our new items - Evergreen bottle
openers / keychains - because we don't want to exceed the budget.
However, we would like to proceed with this purchase because our
experience last year tells us that lower-cost items sell very well. It
gives people an opportunity to buy something with an Evergreen logo
without too much of a financial investment. We propose buying 150 of
these bottle openers at a total cost of about $489.16. We expect the
actual cost to be slightly lower since the shipping quote was based on
shipping another item we ultimately decided against selling. We plan to
sell them for $5 apiece.

As a further note, we have already collected $650 from the pre-orders
for the conference t-shirts. There will be a few extra conference
t-shirts available for sale for those who did not get their pre-orders in.

The conference committee was also successful in selling the $2,500
merchandise sponsorship to help us stock the store and ship the items.
Thank you PaILS for your support!

We need to order the bottle openers / keychains by Friday to ensure they
arrive at the conference on time. I'm hoping the EOB will consider an
e-mail vote to increase our merchandise line item to $1,872 to support
this purchase.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator