[Eg-oversight-board] Move to MOBIUS

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Thu Jan 4 12:01:00 EST 2018

Mike's comment was my recollection as well.

#1 is the only option apart from transferring everything (including
Evergreen TM) to MOBIUS which isn't what my understanding of this move
would entail.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Tim.
>
> Just as a note, per the existing SFC agreement, if I recall correctly,
> the SFC can only transfer ownership and funds to a 501(c)(3).  So the
> association routes involving assignment and transfer to such an entity
> are not possible.  Only plans where a new Evergreen nonprofit with
> exempt status, or MOBIUS itself, is the assignee are possible as far
> as I can tell.
>
> --
> Mike Rylander
>  | President
>  | Equinox Open Library Initiative
>  | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
>  | email:  miker at equinoxinitiative.org
>  | web:  http://equinoxinitiative.org
>

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM, Timothy Spindler <tspindler at cwmars.org>
> wrote:
> > Donna Bacon (Executive Director of MOBIUS) sent options for how we might
> > work with MOBIUS to handle the Evergreen project.  The following are the
> > options for how we might contract with them from their attorney.
> Scenario 1
> > and 4 are the more traditional ways we have talked about.  In Scenario
> 1, we
> > move forward forming a non-profit for for the Evergreen Project that
> would
> > then contract with MOBIUS.  If we went with their attorney, they word
> > incorporate Evergreen in Missouri.  We could begin this process and
> MOBIUS
> > could still handle the contracts for the 2019 conference until the
> Evergreen
> > Non-profit is complete.  In Scenario 2, the EOB members would sign the
> > agreement similarly to what was done with the SFC.  There are two other
> > scenarios which are variations.  Donna is willing to support the board
> with
> > any of these options.
> >
> > I will have this on the agenda for discussion at the next board meeting.
> >
> > FROM MOBIUS' ATTORNEYS:
> >
> > As a follow up to our call on Friday, we want to outline some of
> Evergreen
> > Project’s (“Evergreen Project”) options regarding moving from the
> Software
> > Freedom Conservancy (“SFC”) to MOBIUS for its services, with the target
> goal
> > of transitioning on June 1, 2018.  As you know, Evergreen is not
> currently a
> > separate entity and its trademark is owned by SFC and its funds are held
> by
> > SFC in a segregated account under SFC’s name, so any transfer will
> require
> > the cooperation and consent of SFC.
> >

> > Please note, we have prepared this summary for the benefit and in
> connection
> > with our representation of MOBIUS.  Nothing herein creates an
> > attorney-client relationship between this firm and the Evergreen Project.
> >

> > In general, Evergreen’s options are:
> >

> > Scenario #1- Recommended Approach

> [...]

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*