[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen corporate by-laws change requests

Boyer, Jason A JBoyer at library.IN.gov
Fri Jun 8 11:55:54 EDT 2018

From: eg-oversight-board [mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Gagnon, Ron
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 11:38 AM
To: Garry Collum <Garry.Collum at kentonlibrary.org>
Cc: Mike Rylander <miker at equinoxinitiative.org>; eg-oversight-board <eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Subject: Re: [Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen corporate by-laws change requests

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM, Garry Collum <Garry.Collum at kentonlibrary.org<mailto:Garry.Collum at kentonlibrary.org>> wrote:

From: eg-oversight-board <eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org>> on behalf of Terran McCanna <tmccanna at georgialibraries.org<mailto:tmccanna at georgialibraries.org>>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:51:40 AM
To: Mike Rylander
Cc: eg-oversight-board

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org<mailto:tmccanna at georgialibraries.org>

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018, 4:00 PM Mike Rylander <miker at equinoxinitiative.org<mailto:miker at equinoxinitiative.org>> wrote:
I'm sending this again, because the address of the board list was
broken the first time...

Hi Donna, thank you for the ping.

Oversight Board, what say you? Have you had a chance to look at the
draft, and if so, are you comfortable to proceed?  If you have any
questions or concerns, please do reply here (or, if you are more
comfortable doing so, to me privately)!

I'll start it of by saying that I believe, to the degree that MO law
allows, it does for us what we want. I am in favor of proceeding with
this draft.

Thanks, all!

--
| Mike Rylander
| President
| Equinox Open Library Initiative
| phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| email:  miker at EquinoxInitiative.org<mailto:miker at EquinoxInitiative.org>
| web:    http://EquinoxInitiative.org

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM Donna Bacon <donna at mobiusconsortium.org<mailto:donna at mobiusconsortium.org>> wrote:
> >
> > Mike,
> >
> > Is the EOB ready for our attorneys to file the nonprofit paperwork?
> >
> > Donna
> >

> > On 6/1/2018 12:33 PM, Mike Rylander wrote:
> > > Hi Donna,
> > >
> > > Thank you, and thanks to your lawyers, for the quick turnaround on this.
> > >
> > > As you saw in my reply to Scott, I fully understand the hearing
> > > requirement and that IRC will not be recognized as an appropriate
> > > official meeting space under MO law.  I also point out in that
> > > response that section 3:15 is there to allow EOB to take action
> > > outside any official meeting, such as through monthly discussion in
> > > IRC, and that such action must then be memorialized in a consent
> > > action by the board in order for  the agreed-upon action to become
> > > effective.
> > >
> > > My only question was regarding the unanimous requirement of the
> > > consent action, which was answered thoroughly by, "[t]he written
> > > consent for actions taken outside of a meeting must be signed by all
> > > directors because all directors must waive the requirement for notice
> > > and holding a meeting.  If there isn’t unanimous consent, then the
> > > action must be presented at and voted on in a meeting."  The notice
> > > waiver requiring unanimous adoption was not obvious to me as it is not
> > > mentioned as a reason for unanimity.
> > >
> > > Thank you again for gathering the response we needed, it's much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > --
> > Donna Bacon
> > Executive Director
> > MOBIUS
> > 111 E Broadway, Ste 220
> > Columbia, MO 65203
> > 573.268.1845

Ronald A. Gagnon
Executive Director
North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
978-777-8844
www.noblenet.org<http://www.noblenet.org>