[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: draft agreement to send to MOBIUS

scott.thomas at sparkpa.org scott.thomas at sparkpa.org
Fri May 18 18:58:44 EDT 2018

I just had a chance to look this over. I see a few issues:

5.1: Why would MOBIUS, or any organization that runs the conference, have to pay this fee? It is the Evergreen project's trademark, and, since MOBIUS is providing this service on behalf of the Evergreen project, the Evergreen project should simply license the use of the trademark without a fee.

5.4: This addresses Profit and makes sense, but what happens if, say, there is a terrorist attack next spring and the conference ends up losing money? Who would cover the loss? Or is that what the insurance is for?

5.5: This covers the initial payments, but the contract with the venue specifies additional payments at various intervals. Why are these subsequent payments not addressed in this agreement?

This is more general. There is an awful lot of language about the work MOBIUS is expected to perform when, in truth, my organization, PaILS, will be performing most of the work. Can this be addressed in the language of the agreement? Should PaILS also be a signatory? Or can this be addressed by a sub-agreement between MOBIUS and PaILS wherein PaILS agrees to perform these activities thereby protecting MOBIUS?

Scott

Scott Thomas
Executive Director
PaILS / SPARK