[Eg-oversight-board] Report from Evergreen Outreach Committee

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Oct 18 14:00:03 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Here is the report from the Evergreen Outreach Committee for today's EOB
meeting.

1. As part of our charge to support and encourage community participation
from Evergreen’s growing base of users, the Outreach Committee has started
a Contributor of the Month program where we will send a monthly shout-out
for somebody who has been active in the community. Andrea Buntz Neiman has
been wrangling this program. We hope people take the time to nominate
contributors so that we can recognize the time and work they put into the
community. More information is available at
https://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-contributor-of-the-month/.

2. We have started discussions about a new "I am Evergreen" publicity
program that will result in videos that highlight the benefits of using
Evergreen. Chris Maas from Maine Balsam Libraries is leading this effort.

3. I have replaced some of the legacy round logos with our new Evergreen
logo. You can see the new logo on our social media pages (Facebook,
Twitter, and Google Plus) and in Launchpad. I have also submitted a bug to
replace the Evergreen favicon with the new logo. I still need to work with
Amy to ask the Conservancy to add this logo to our trademark.

4. We are also in the process of handing off my Outreach Committee work to
other committee members as I will be leaving the community at the end of
November. As of now, it looks like Rogan Hamby is the only volunteer
interested in taking over as chair, and I think he'll do a great job!
Andrea Buntz Neiman has also volunteered to help with the annual report.
Now is a great time to get involved in the Outreach Committee if anyone has
an interest! We typically meet on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m.
Eastern, but I'm sure meeting dates can change if we get interest from
folks who need to meet at another time.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier