[Evergreen-acq] Moving to EDI Attributes - Question/Concern

John Amundson jamundson at cwmars.org
Wed Jul 17 12:56:48 EDT 2019

Hello, Acquisitions community!

I know there's a brave soul or two out there who has switched to using the
new EDI attributes.

I'm currently testing the attributes for our network, and I've run into two
issues that may be of concern. My questions are *bolded *below.

Before I get into that, some background. I'll share my testing process,
(maybe it will help others thinking about moving over - but be warned, we
haven't added attributes to our production environment, yet, so I cannot
vouch for how successful this method is).

Using the Action Trigger PO JEDI template for reference, I updated the EDI
Attribute sets for the vendors we use to resemble the data included in the
template as closely as possible.

Our libraries use three vendors: Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and Midwest Tape.

To test I created dummy accounts that will create EDI messages but not send
them, (nonexistent host). I then compared the output with the EDI output
from another PO that used the same vendor and line items but wasn't using
attributes. I would then adjust the attribute set again and activate
another PO until I got messages that resembled each other.

Ingram's conversion was visually identical.

Midwest Tape was almost identical. For MW Tape, the old template included
UPC, but this is not an option with the new attributes. In looking at old
messages, it seems this usually resulted in a hanging UP at the end of the
ISBN anyway, so I don't know how much this is needed. *Anyone using Midwest
Tape with EDI Attributes have any trouble by not sending the UPC?*

Baker & Taylor's discrepancy may be a bigger issue. The old template added
the following information to each line item:
FTX+LIN+1
This is not present when using the Attribute set, nor is it an available
choice to add.
There is a comment in the PO JEDI template that says
"BT & ULS want FTX+LIN for every LI, even if empty".
*Anyone using Baker & Taylor with EDI Attributes run into any issues with
B&T not accepting orders without the FTX+LIN+1 affixed to each line item?*

Thank you!

John
<http://www.cwmars.org>

John Amundson | Library Applications Supervisor | CW MARS

jamundson at cwmars.org | 508-755-3323 x322 <%28508%29%20755-3323>

https://www.cwmars.org