[Evergreen-acq] Claiming

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Jul 31 19:14:38 EDT 2019

Hi Mary,

I recommend setting up your Claim Types first (Damaged, Past Due,
Duplicate, etc.)  Claim types are used when making a claim but don't
link directly to the other claim pieces.  We've set these at the
consortium level.

For the other pieces you need to do them in this order.

1. Set up your Claim Event Types
These are what you want to happen when a claim is done (ie. Phone the
provider, email the provider, fax the provider, Reorder from provider,
file claim on provider's website)

2. Set up your Claim Policies
These are the names you want to use for your different policies. The
names can really be anything you want them to be. You may want to use
something generic like 60 day claim, 90 day claim, book claim, dvd
claim, etc.

3. Set up your Claim Policy Actions
This is where you link the pieces together.  When you click on New
Claim Policy Action you'll be prompted to enter a Claim Policy ID
(Claim Policies), the interval at which claiming should be done (ie.
60 days, 90 days, etc.) and then select the action (Claim Event Types)
that should take place when claiming.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Pringle
Co-op Support
Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Website: http://bc.libraries.coop

Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded
Traditional Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.