[Evergreen-acq] Evergreen International Acquisitions Panel

Angela Kilsdonk akilsdonk at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Mar 24 18:22:42 EDT 2021

Hi,

I'm interested in organizing an acquisitions related session.  A panel
discussion about workflows is a great idea!  If there are a few people
interested in discussing their library's use of the module, I would be
happy to moderate the discussion.

Jennifer has already kindly volunteered herself.  :)  If anyone else is
interested in being on the panel, let me know.  I can put together a
session description and coordinate.

Thanks,
Angela

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:32 AM Jennifer Pringle <
jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> If someone organized an acquisitions panel on workflows or another acq
> topics I'd be happy to participate and talk about what our libraries do.
>
> We're upgrading from 3.5 to 3.7 the week before the conference so I
> don't have the capacity to organize something myself.
>
> Jennifer
>

> Quoting Sarah Childs <sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org>:
>
> > Hi, Everyone.
> > I saw the email saying there are no ACQ programs submitted besides the
> AIG,
> > and personally it's one of my top Evergreen interests right now. At my
> > library we have been using the acquisitions module for about 2 years.
> > Before this we had never used acquisitions in an ILS.
> >
> > For me I feel like it would have been helpful to see more about how other
> > libraries use it before we started, and I wonder if anyone would be
> > interested in doing a panel on acquisitions workflows?
> >
> > Or other ideas for an ACQ presentation? I just know I'd like to have more
> > time to talk about it with other people using it!
> >
> > --
> > Sarah Childs
> > Technical Services Department Head
> > Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
> > 250 North Fifth Street
> > Zionsville, IN 46077
> > 317-873-3149 x13330
> > sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
> >
> > *The Library is now open! Mask up, come on in, and browse! Visit
> > zionsvillelibrary.org <https://zionsvillelibrary.org/> to participate in
> > our virtual events or to find out more about our COVID-19 service plan
> > <https://zionsvillelibrary.org/new-covid-19-service-plan/>.*
> >
> > *Need something new to read? Try Curbside Holds Pickup
> > <
> https://app.libro.conversight.ai/#/webschedule?token=JWT%20eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJfZG9jIjp7InJvbGUiOiJ1c2VyIiwib3JnSWQiOiI1MzcyNjgyMC05YjdmLTExZWEtYjQxZi01MThjYTM3NjI2NWMiLCJzdGF0aWNPcmdUb2tlbiI6dHJ1ZX0sImlhdCI6MTU5NzY4Mzk2NX0.Hp3BrNIiTwNfTKgrOgEm31Ya4udbAUK3a2rm4j_BRz0
> >
> > or check out our Digital Library Branch <http://bit.ly/HMMPLdigital>!*
>

> --
> Jennifer Pringle (she/her)
> Co-op Support - Training Lead
> BC Libraries Cooperative
> Toll-free: 1-888-848-9250
> Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
> Website: http://bc.libraries.coop
>
> Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded
> Traditional Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.

Angela Kilsdonk

Product and Education Manager

Equinox Open Library Initiative

phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)

email:  akilsdonk at EquinoxInitiative.org

web:  http://EquinoxInitiative.org