[Evergreen-acq] B&T FTP/EDI Issues (Beware the acronym)

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Fri Jun 17 16:04:23 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I was asked to make you aware that there is a known issue occurring with EDI ordering through Baker & Taylor.  They recently had to switch IPs for their servers, and in the process some things were borked including the FTP configurations used to receive and send EDI messages.  This started on June 15, and if you're looking at your EDI messages, you will likely see "failure to PUT" messages beginning on that day.  This is an ongoing issue related to not allowing passive FTP interactions.  B&T has prioritized the fixing of this, but currently EDI ordering (unless your system has been purposefully configured to use active FTP) is not available through B&T.

In Evergreen Indiana, we are not discouraging acquisitions librarians from activating POs since we'll go in and remove those failure messages when the services resume.  Your local workflows will assuredly vary.

Ruth Frasur (she/they)
Coordinator - Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium and Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-3691