[Evergreen-admin] Evergreen server installation problem

Petr Brož petr.broz at heaven-industries.com
Fri Apr 5 05:48:20 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich
<alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> Use a startup script in /etc/init.d/. The Evergreen installation package comes with some samples for this, I think, somewhere in the Open-ILS directory, or browse the Evergreen Git server to see what people have.

I have found nothing in the samples nor Git but was able to find a
discussion on the general list where Jason Stephenson wrote on April
18, 2012:

"There is no automated startup script for OpenSRF/Evergreen, i.e.
something that lives in /etc/init.d/ and so on, so that services can
be started and stopped automatically at system boot and shutdown. Part
of the reason for this is that you may want to run different services
on different servers in a mulit-server environment. That said, if
someone wants to create such scripts for Ubuntu, Debian, or Fedora
Core, then patches are most welcome."

Nevertheless, I was able to hack an init script using info from
different threads on the mailing list and especially using the
documentation for version 1.6 of Evergreen which includes a section
"Automating Evergreen Startup and Shutdown"
(http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/evergreen_startup_script.html).

Seems like I have everything up and running now.

Thank you again for your help.

Petr