[Evergreen-admin] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] misc_util.tt2 and our 508 tag...

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu Jul 24 17:31:22 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-24, at 14:57 , Tony Bandy <tonyb at ohionet.org> wrote:

> OK…that helps!  I was flying around the file system opening up various *.tt2 files looking for info!

Hello, Tony.

When fishing for strings in pile of files, the find command can be handy. Something like:

/openils/var$ find ./ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep ‘508'

The first couple of results in my case were:
./templates/opac/parts/record/authors.tt2:        xpath => '//*[@tag="508"]'
./templates/opac/parts/record/contents.tt2:        xpath => '//*[@tag="508”]’

Although, be ready to cancel the command with Ctrl+C, in case it gets to a reports output or logs folder.

> At the risk of driving you (and everyone else crazy….) if I open up the authors.tt2 file…can I just remove the offending lines?

Yes, but probably safest not to experiment on a live system. Also, if you are not using this approach already, consider using a separate folder for your locally customized template files. Otherwise they would get overwritten by the next upgrade. Having a separate directory for customized files would also let you more easily keep track of differences and cross-merge with template files from newer versions.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/