[Evergreen-admin] INSERT MARCXML that is not well formed

GARRIS, JOSHUA JBGARRIS at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu May 8 14:41:10 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Evergreen family and have to admit that have limited knowledge of how this ILS works.  I have successfully installed the Evergreen software and loaded some records, but now I am having issues.  I routinely encounter the following error when loading records:

Attempted to INSERT MARCXML that is not well formed
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO biblio.record_entry (marc, last_xact_id) VALUES (stage.marc, 'IMPORT')"
PL/pgSQL function "staging_importer" line 5 at SQL statement

I am guessing that the error message is correct and that MARCXML is "not well formed," but what do I do get beyond this point?  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  I have validated the MARCXML in MarcEdit and Oxygen and both report that file good.

Version:  Evergreen 2.5.4

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Joshua Garris
ILS Administrator & Web Resources Librarian
Thomas Cooper Library
University of South Carolina
jbgarris at mailbox.sc.edu<mailto:jbgarris at mailbox.sc.edu>
803.777.7168