[Evergreen-catalogers] Tiny Cat

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri May 4 15:00:04 EDT 2012

I think this is a great idea. We might be able to pull a subset of several
of the large consortiums for this. Perhaps pick a small library from each
to mine records from and dedup the file. We could either keep the policy
names and create a system that would accommodate them or automate a
process to change them. Same for barcodes.

And as Sarah points out, there are problem children that are correctly
cataloged but that are challenging for and ILS as well as incorrectly
cataloged records that are challenging in a different way. We would
probably want to try to include both.

We might be able to do something similar for authority records but that
would be trickier since we would need a base file   that reflected the
headings for the bib data.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax