[Evergreen-catalogers] Vandelay and large files

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Wed May 9 14:21:46 EDT 2012

Hi Kathy,

I'm cross-posting this question to the Evergreen Catalogers list.

I love using the new Vandelay in our Evergreen 2.2-ish environment. But I'm
having problems when a file is large, more than 200 bibs. The load screen
seems to freeze at "Processing. 100". It never gets out of the processing
stage, and the bibs don't get loaded. I have several large files (1000+)  of
OneClickDigital bib records that I need to load through the client instead
of through the database, since I need the overlay feature to add URLs for
each subscribing library. Are you experiencing any difficulty when loading a
large file?

It seems like my only option is to divide the files into smaller chunks, but
that makes loading pretty labor intensive. I'm hoping there's a fix for our

Thanks,

Mary