[Evergreen-catalogers] Removing fields as importing in Vandelay???

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue May 29 14:37:44 EDT 2012

We are cataloging a small collection for our Governor's Mansion. We were
able to obtain a file of OCLC records for cataloging down by the Archives
in the early 1990s. Those records contain some fields I would like to
remove as I bring them in using Vandelay in 2.1.1. I have tried several
permutations in the Edit merge/overlay profiles (after creating an
attribute for the field I want in edit attribute). However, the field I am
testing is retained. This is the attribute I have defined (I hope the
images come through!):

This is the most recent permutation of the profile I set up to use:

When I import the records, I choose Test for my merge profile. The record
import with no problem - except the 049 is still there. I tried adding
901c as a Preserve Specification and that didn't help. Is this a bug? Or
am I doing something wrong? Do I need to add something in the Remove
(advanced) section of the attribute editor? Or does this just nor work
yet?

Any help is appreciated!

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax