[Evergreen-catalogers] To search for RDA records in Evergreen

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 15:07:31 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Shasta Brewer
<shasta.brewer at yclibrary.net>wrote:

> Hi Bin Lin,
> To search for RDA records in Evergreen you will have to go to the advanced
> search and search on the 040 tag, subfield e for rda.    Also all rda
> records have leader byte 18 coded as "i" instead of "a".

There's already an SVF (aka, Record Attribute) for that fixed field.  The
label is "Desc" and the name is "cat_form".  It's not currently available
as a filter by default, but if you set the Filter flag to true for that in
the global record attribute definition editor, you can then add
"cat_form(i)" to your searches to constrain those searches to RDA records
-- always assuming that the records are correctly cataloged re LDR/18, and
that an "i" there is enough to find RDA records, which may not be the case.
 NOTE: not a cataloger...

As for 040e, I would assume that is expected to be non-repeatable.  If that
assumption is correct, one could add a new SFV for that, but a reingest (at
least partial) or database-level priming would be required to pick up the
values.

--miker

> Shasta
>
> Shasta P. Brewer
> Deputy Director
> York County Library
> 113 E. Main St., Ste 100
> PO Box 10032
> Rock Hill, SC  29731
> 803-981-5835
> Fax: 803-981-5895
> www.yclibrary.org
>

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Evergreen-catalogers Digest, Vol 12,  Issue 1 (Lin, Bin)
>    2. Re: Evergreen-catalogers Digest, Vol 12,  Issue 1
>       (Kent, Alexander D)

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Lin, Bin" <blin at georgialibraries.org>
> To: evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org
> Subject: Re: [Evergreen-catalogers] Evergreen-catalogers Digest, Vol
>         12,     Issue 1
> <
> 1339175202.18053300.1365002275267.JavaMail.root at hagrid.georgialibraries.org

> Hello Evergreen community:
>
> I wonder if there is a way to search RDA records in Evergreen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bin Lin
> Georgia PINES
> Atlanta