[Evergreen-catalogers] How much interest is there to meet about authorities at 2014 conference?

Lewis, Jocelyn JLewis2 at library.IN.gov
Fri Dec 6 09:49:27 EST 2013

I'm very interested in this topic and would love to discuss it.

--Jocelyn Lewis

-----Original Message-----
From: evergreen-catalogers-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org [mailto:evergreen-catalogers-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Yamil Suarez
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 1:26 PM
To: Evergreen Community Catalogers
Subject: [Evergreen-catalogers] How much interest is there to meet about authorities at 2014 conference?

Hello,

I wanted to gauge interest for setting up a time and place to meet face to face about authorities at the 2014 EG conference. Last year we had a very good first open discussion about the topic, and I want to start some early planning on having a similar meeting next year.

I would shoot to find an hour or hour and a half block of time for folks to get together. If possible I would make an attempt to make this meeting a formal part of the conference, though we can still meet informally if is too late to be added to the program.

BTW, in the newly released EG 2.5 there have been some new authority related features added like and "Bib record browser with linked authorities"[1] and "Authority-enhanced bibliographic browse"[1]. We don't have to wait to the conference to talk about these new features or other authority improvements, but I just want to ensure the start planning for a face to face meeting at the next conference.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil

[1] http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.5/_opac_2.html