[Evergreen-catalogers] Merging Fields in Separate Line

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Mar 25 14:27:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Robert Loo <rloo at astreetpress.com> wrote:
> I am merging records through batch import. Is there a library setting or
> global flag that allows an added fields in the merged record to show in its
> own separate line?
>
> So, when I add field 035 ‡a(DLC)12345 the merge shows this way:
> 035 ‡a(OCoLC)54321 ‡a(DLC)12345
>
> Instead of showing this way:
> 035 ‡a(OCoLC)54321
> 035 ‡a(DCL)12345

This depends on how you enter the add specification in the
merge/overlay profile.  If it's entered as "035a", it will tack on
each 035$a from the incoming record onto an existing 035 field in the
matched record.  However, if it's entered as "035", each 035 from the
incoming record is added to the matched record, which is the result
you want.

Regards,

Galen
--