[Evergreen-catalogers] Item template issue in 2.3.4

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Mar 26 11:46:42 EDT 2013

PINES catalogers are seeing an issue in 2.3.4 with creating new item
templates from an existing template. I could not find a bug report in
Launchpad and before I pursue it further thought I would check with
everyone to see if they have noticed it as well.

If you  want to create a template from an existing template and change the
Location/Collection under Location (1), that change does not always
persist after saving the template with a new name. Other attributes do
persist if changed. Sometimes, the Location/Collection does change and
sometimes checking back later finds the changes have propagated. Other
times not. When we look at the exported templates, some of the changed
templates show the changed Location/Collection and some do not. Those that
do don't necessarily show the changed template when it is applied in the
copy editor. For example:

"test template issue 2": {

                             },

                             "Location/Collection": {

                                           "value": "2587",

                                           "type": "attribute",

                                           "field": "location"

                             },

                             "Shelving Location": {

                                           "value": 1,

                                           "type": "attribute",

                                           "field": "location"

},

"test location issue": {

                             },

                             "Location/Collection": {

                                           "value": "4133",

                                           "type": "attribute",

                                           "field": "location"

                             },

                             "Shelving Location": {

                                           "value": 1,

                                           "type": "attribute",

                                           "field": "location"

For both of the above templates, based on the changed location in the copy
editor, the value for the location should be the same. Test location issue
has retained the value of the original template (and, yes, I did apply
before I saved the new template). To make matters even odder, when I apply
test template issue 2 in the copy editor, it does not apply the location
for 2587 (magazine), it applies 4133 (stacks).

Has anyone else noted this problem? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Elaine

  _____

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128