[Evergreen-catalogers] Looking for feedback for a small UI change to "Manage Authorities" search results

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Dec 18 12:19:18 EST 2014

Trish,

It makes sense that you only want to see the main heading. I can
already think of other bits of data that Berklee wants to display in
each search result row like the OCLC ARN (Authority Record Number)
from auth tag 035 $a/$z. Though, to avoid the search results getting
too cluttered I will be looking into options for hiding the extra
information per results row (thesaurus, ARN, etc.) behind something
like "see more". Though, I have not tried writing the code to do this,
and can't guarantee it will work yet. My main point is that I will try
to balance the desire of adding more information to the search
results, with avoiding the cluttering search results as much as
possible. Perhaps, only some of my suggestions make it to the
Evergreen code, and a few others will be something that only Berklee
will use.

Now, I am not sure, what you meant when you wrote...

"To get to Young adult fiction first see Yugoslavia and it's many
unused or relarted headings.

Looking for Bible or US History isn't easy and I need these heading
for a public library,"

Thanks in advance,
Yamil