[Evergreen-catalogers] E-Book Question

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Thu Jan 29 15:45:18 EST 2015

Great and helpful information from Jason about the database side!  My
preference is to have one record as he describes rather than separate
records for each member.

What version of Evergreen are you using?  Because if you are using version
2.7 as long as the record are properly coded, then the OPAC display will
say ebook and have an ebook icon for the Overdrive records, which is very
useful for patrons and staff. If you are using an earlier version of
Evergreen, books and ebooks are not clearly distinguished in the display at
all, so I might recommend waiting until you upgrade before adding ebook
records to the catalog. The most obvious difference in earlier versions is
that the ebooks don't have holdings, so it can be pretty confusing for
staff and patrons. It's especially confusing if you have some book records
with links in them to related resources, since those display in essentially
the same manner as the links to access the e-resources, making the display
even more similar.

--
Sarah Childs
Technical Services Department Head