[Evergreen-catalogers] 008 field Time and Tech stripped from fixed field grid on record import

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:40:54 EST 2015

It turns out that Time and Technique (Tech) are not configured with
position information in the database, so the MARC editor does not know how
to pull that data from the record.  I think an LP bug to improve the
coverage of the data in config.marc21_ff_pos_map would be a good thing --
it looks like there are others that are not represented either.  Here's the
list of existing fixed fields and their record type mapping:

 Alph        | SER
 Audn        | BKS, COM, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 BLvl        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Biog        | BKS
 Conf        | BKS, SER
 Cont        | BKS, SER
 Ctrl        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Ctry        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Date1       | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Date2       | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Desc        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 DtSt        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 ELvl        | AUT, BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 Fest        | BKS
 Form        | BKS, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 GPub        | BKS, COM, MAP, SER, VIS
 Ills        | BKS
 Indx        | BKS, MAP
 Lang        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 LitF        | BKS
 MRec        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS
 RecStat     | AUT
 S/L         | SER
 Subj        | AUT
 TMat        | VIS
 Type        | BKS, COM, MAP, MIX, REC, SCO, SER, VIS

--
Mike Rylander